IT and BPM
- Emerging geographies and verticals, non-linear growth due to platforms, products and automation.
- Revival in demand for IT services from US and Europe.
- Increasing adoption of technology and telecom by consumers and focused government initiatives â leading to increased ICT adoption.
- High-value client additions bigger than USD 1 Million â the highest in the last five years, registering 13.5% growth.
- Emerging verticals (retail, healthcare, utilities) are driving growth above 14%.
- India has been creating a future-ready digital workforce, with more than 1,50,000 employees SMAC skills.
- More than 50,000 employees are skilled in analysis, 30,000 people in enterprise mobility.
- The SMAC (social, mobility, analytics, cloud) market is expected to grow to USD 225 Billion by 2020.
- USD 1.6 Billion is spent annually on training workforce and growing R&D spend.
- The National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN) is being laid down in phases to connect all the 250,000 gram panchayats in the country.
- The governmentÂ´s Digital India Campaign envisages a USD 20 Billion investment covering mobile connectivity throughout the country, re-engineering of government process via technology and enabling e-delivery of citizen services.
Reasons to Invest
- The IT-BPM sector constitutes 9.5% of the countryâs GDP and contributes significantly to public welfare.
- Indiaâs IT industry amounts to 55% of the global market, largely due to exports.
- 60% of firms use India for testing services.
- Rapidly growing urban infrastructure has fostered several IT centres in the country.
- The Indian IT industry has saved clients USD 200 Billion in the past five years.
- Legal Aid and Empowerment initiatives launched
- BHIM-Aadhaar platform launched, advancing PM ModiÂ´s digital push
- Amazon gets RBI nod for e-wallet in India
- Flipkart to invest in new businesses like PhonePe
- Flipkart raises US$ 1.4 billion from eBay, Microsoft, Tencent, acquires eBay India
- Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India
- National Association of Software and Services Companies
- Indian Software Product Industry Round Table
- Other Service Providers Association of India
- Data Security Council of India